Having The Right Lawyer Changes Everything

  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Family Law
  4.  | Modifications To Existing Orders

Modifying Existing Orders When Life Changes Occur

Life changes don’t stop after a divorce or the end of a nonmarital relationship. If a change makes an existing order regarding custody, parenting time or support unworkable, you may petition the court for a modification.

The attorneys at Wagner, Crawford & Gambill in Terre Haute provide knowledgeable legal counsel regarding post-judgment modifications. We protect your interests and ensure that your rights are not violated.

What Are Some Reasons For Modifications?

A petition for modification may seek to change which parent has primary physical custody, the right to change the location of the parent with primary physical custody, parenting-time schedules, the amount of child support or spousal support.

There are numerous reasons why a parent may petition the court for a modification, including:

  • Relocation for employment reasons or remarriage
  • A change in employment status, such as a change to work hours or extended unemployment
  • Changes in a child’s health or a parent’s health
  • Changes to a child’s schedule that make an existing custody and parenting plan unworkable
  • Evidence that a child is being exposed to a risky environment due to substance abuse by someone else in the same house or any other concern

Our family law attorneys are experienced in pursuing and defending modifications of existing orders. Petitions for modifications can become heated disputes that can take a year or more to resolve. If you anticipate needing to request a modification, it is a good idea to enlist the services of our lawyers as early in the process as possible.

We Can Review Your Situation And Seek A Modification

We work with clients throughout the Wabash Valley and all of western Indiana. Call 812-645-7042 or use our online contact form to schedule a meeting.